Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Review: Hana 1" Hair Straightener


I'm constantly on the look out for hair straighteners because my hair is VERY curly, especially in the back. I hate it. I don't hate the curls, I just hate how uneven the curl is. The underside is corkscrew curly, the top is just wavy, and all over THICK. My hair is like 2.5 inches thick when I do a tight braid...it's insane. Needless to say, straightening all this thick and stubborn curly hair takes a LONG time.
I came across a Hana pro straightener. It worked good and it goes up to 450 degrees F. which I like because my hair needs HEAT. I wish I had gotten the 1.5 inch because I think any 1" straightener is just too small for how thick and curly my hair is. I think if you have fine, normal, or even semi-thick hair from straight to wavy, this product would be great for you. For me it took a little more effort, but that's what I'm used to. I also tried the Shine Shield heat protectant product. I did really like that because 1.) it had almost no smell, and 2.) it left my hair soft but not greasy.
I think the next straightener I'll try is a good ol' CHI iron. I've heard amazing things about that one, but still haven't had the opportunity to get one. I'm linking you to this particular site because they're having TONS of sales on their irons and blowdryers. If you're in the market to buy one, please check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment