Thursday, September 27, 2012

September Starbox Review





The pastel shadows over a black base





Review:

The palette - When I first opened the palette I was a little shocked because at first glance it looked like 5 white eyeshadows. Upon swatching, I fell in love with the subtle pastel glow that each shade gave. I am bummed that these shades aren't named on the back of the palette so I don't know what to call them. There is a shimmery white, pastel icy blue-violet, pastel pink, pastel green, pastel yellowish gold. I tried doing a look with all 5 colors and I think it might be pastel overkill, but using one or two with other deeper shades would look stunning. I wasnt big on the texture of them, I felt like I needed to use a lot for it to show up.

The primer - The primer made a huge difference in how the colors showed up on the skin. They glide right on with the primer. It felt a lot creamier than most primers I've used. The one downfall is how small of an amount you receive, I think I will go through it very quickly given the size and how creamy it is. We tend to use more the creamier it is.

Even still, for $15, this box was a GREAT value.

No comments:

Post a Comment