Friday, January 30, 2009

Basics of Threading...

So I finally figured out threading! Well, sort of. I would never do it to actually shape my eyebrows but I can at least clean up the stray hairs around it. I still need a lot more practice but I was happy to be able to grab some of the hairs this morning. I had tried it once before but could not get it to work - I think I was using too big of a loop or something. Or maybe not positioning it the right way.

Anyway, here's a really helpful video from Pursebuzz that breaks down the basics. Pursebuzz also has a really fun beauty website as well.


Normally, I get my brows threaded maybe once a month or so for cleanup and then I would just tweeze them for basic upkeep. But I got in trouble for doing that last time I went to get my eyebrows threaded... when you pluck them, you pull out everything so that when they grow back in, they grow back thicker. Not a fun look. So I'm going to try to thread them myself in between visits so that the hair grows back in fine vs thick instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment