Friday, January 2, 2009

Playing with Make-up: Blue / Turquoise / Lime Green look

Lately, I've been following a lot of make-up/beauty websites (ex. MakeUp Geek, Temptalia, Pursebuzz, Makeup and Beauty Blog)and I love when they do "look" posts. Basically, they show pics of a certain make-up look and then break down what products they used to achieve that look.

So please don't make fun of me... but I decided to try it myself! My disclaimer: I know I'm not a make-up expert or anything, I'm just *playing* here :) I'm not going to call these tutorials or anything, I just thought it would be fun to show some of the looks I've been playing around with.

I decided to do a bold and bright look for New Year's Eve. I tried this out on my sister once and it was really pretty so I thought I'd give it a try on myself. To give it an extra "kick", I added false eyelashes!

Blue / Turquoise / Lime Green Look



What I used (eyes only):

  • Mary Kay eye primer to prevent creasing
  • MAC Blackground paint pot on lid to help deepen color and make the eyeshadows really pop (otherwise, they don't show up on my skin...)
  • MAC Deep Truth (royal blue) eyeshadow (e/s) on outer third of lid
  • Prescriptives Marine (turquoise) e/s in middle of lid

  • Mary Kay Lemongrass (light lime green) e/s in inner lid
  • Repeat colors along lower lash line with a pencil brush
  • MAC Carbon (matte black) in outer corners for more depth
  • MAC Shroom (shimmery off white) as highlight under brow bone and in tear ducts

  • Bobbi Brown black ink gel eyeliner on upper lid
  • MAC Engraved power point pencil to line bottom waterline
  • Modlash false eyelashes in #21 (super cheap at the drugstores) - second time wearing them, still getting the hang of it. They definitely finish the look better than my skimpy lashes!
  • MAC Cork (light brown) e/s to fill in my brows

Another shot of the finished look:



I really liked it. A lot bolder than what I normally feel comfortable wearing, but I figured NYE was a perfect time to give it a try!

Let me know what you think! (interesting? lame? ok, maybe not that harsh - hahahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment