Sunday, August 14, 2011

UD 15 Anniversary Palette Review







Hi all...I know everyone's excited to see the UD 15 fotds. I'll post a few probably in the next week. For now, I'd like to give my review on it.



I'm split 50/50 on how I feel about this palette :) On one hand, I love it, and on the other hand, I hate it. lol! Let me explain...



The texture of these powders are buttery smooth...which at first sounds like a good thing. But (to me) this is good & bad. Good because it means they apply very smooth and rich, but bad because it makes more not-so-good blendability, fall out, and poor longevity. When I was doing the swatches, the UD shadows went on seamlessly in one swipe while my mac ones needed 1-3 swatches to see the color...However, overall I'd still stick with my mac shadows because in the end, they last a lot longer on the lid, and give a much more flawless blend.



Another thing I loved about this palette were the actual colors. Very pretty, and many of them were very unique. (My favorite two shadows are Midnight Rodeo and Midnight 15)



The fall out was bad. I never get that kind of fall out with my mac or nars. That's one of the prices you pay for buttery smooth texture.



Lastly, as I briefly mentioned earlier, they don't blend flawlessly. If you're using several different shades on the lid & crease, they kind of just blend together. Not completely, but enough to make me not love this product.



I'll be posting a few fotds and eotds with this palette in the days to come :)



No comments:

Post a Comment